A Golden Candlestick
- To Give Out Light, Matthew 5:14-16
- A Light for Those That Are Within, Psalms 119:105
- A Light for Those That Are Without
- Evil Men Who Hat the Light, John 3:19-20
- Those Blinded by the god of This World, II Corinthians 4:3-6
- The Church Will Be Light:
- By Holding Fast to Doctrine, II Peter 1:19
- By Holy Discipline, Philippians 2:12-16
- By Our Godly Example and Conversation, Matthew 5:14, 16; Ephesians 5:8
- The Church Is Very Precious, and of Great Value to the Lord
Poem “Ephesus” by John Newton
Thus saith the Lord to Ephesus,
And thus he speaks to some of us;
Amidst my churches, lo, I stand,
And hold the pastors in my hand.
Thy works, to me, are fully known,
Thy patience, and thy toil, I own;
Thy views of gospel truth are clear,
Nor canst thou other doctrine bear.
Yet I must blame while I approve,
Where is thy first, thy fervent love?
Dost thou forget my love to thee,
That thine is grown so faint to me?
Recall to mind the happy days
When thou wast filled with joy and praise;
Repent, thy former works renew,
Then I'll restore thy comforts too.
Return at once, when I reprove,
Lest I thy candlestick remove;
And thou, too late, thy loss lament;
I warn before I strike, Repent.
Hearken to what the Spirit saith,
To him that overcomes by faith;
The fruit of life's unfading tree,
In paradise his food shall be.